Mama Gia is a goddess I learned about after my move to LA. She is Mother Earth and she sure does know we need. Kale, for instance, superfood, add it with healthy fats and healthy fiber from beans, you've got a combination for a gut reboot.
- ¼ cup canned chickpeas
- ¼ cup canned kidney beans
- 4½ cups veggie stock (or any stock of your choice)
- 1 cup chopped green kale
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- ½ large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple wine vinegar
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and beans.
- In a large pot combine them with the veggie stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until the beans are cooked through and tender about 20 minutes.
12PM, 7PM Anytime, Balance, Energy, Focus, Gut-Health, Vegan, Weight-loss
Serves: 2-3 people NUTRITION FACTS
- Carbohydrates 170 g
- Fats 7 g
- Protein 11 g
- Sugar 10 g