Kale became the superfood in the early 2000's. Every smoothie shop, every juice cafe, and every nutritionist added kale to their menu, why? Because it is amongst the most nutrient-dense foods. It has plenty of anti-oxidants and can help with cholesterol which reduces heart disease.
I make plenty of salads and smoothies adding kale because of this.
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup goji berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
Lemon dill dressing
- (1/4) cup sunflower seeds
- (1/2) tablespoons ground flax seeds
- (3) tablespoons lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- (1) Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- (1) clove garlic
- (1/4) cup fresh dill, tightly packed
- (1/2) teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For Salad: Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
For Dressing: In vita-mix, combine all ingredients and puree on high until completely smooth, 30-60 seconds