Love is the one universal language. When you think of love, you may think of the Italians, amore. This is a recipe for the traditional idea of lasagna, but gluten-free and plant-based, just like we like it here at Joule Goddess. This recipe is filled with love and affection. It feeds the soul with plant-powered ingredients that energize the body with protein and rebuilds the gut with fiber so that you can feel bold, beautiful and badass.
Filled with lentils, a protein packed fiber filled legume that brings that good vibe to your gut-health.
FOR LENTIL MUSHROOM “MEAT”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups green lentils
- 3 cups of veggie broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, ground up in food processor
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LENTIL MUSHROOM "MEAT"
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine onion and garlic saute for about 1-2 minutes until onions are a bit translucent. A pinch of salt may be added to help tenderize.
- Add turmeric, lentils, broth, water, salt, and black pepper. Bring mixture to boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until lentils are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add Ground mushrooms to the mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Let chill before assembly.
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 2 cups basil, tightly packed
- 1 cup mixed Herbs
- ½ cup mint
- ¼ cup dill
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup of water
FOR HERB PESTO SAUCE
- Using Vitamix or blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until the mixture is completely smooth about 1-2 minutes.
- Set sauce aside and serve with lentil “meat” and zucchini “noodles.
- Align larger package cups with parchment strips (1”x 4”).
- Place three strips zucchini noodles on the bottom in a row, allow the noodles to overlap in order to fit inside the package.
- Place 1 tablespoon lentil meat over the first layer of noodles.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon pesto sauce over lentils.
- Lay another row of zucchini noodles over the lentils and pesto, align in the opposite direction.
- Top second layer with lentil and pesto.
- Lay the last layer of zucchini noodles in the opposite direction.
- Garnish with a dollop of lentil and a fresh basil leaf.
- Repeat until the correct number of lasagnas are prepared, freeze remaining pesto sauce and lentils.
- 1 batch herb pesto sauce
- 1 batch lentil mushroom “meat”
- 2-4 zucchini, cut in half and sliced thinly using the mandoline. Should resemble thick noodles.
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Detox, Dinner, Energy, Focus, Gut-Health, Happiness, Relaxation, Vegan, Weight-loss