By adding cabbage to your dietary routine, you are helping to fight inflammation, lower your sugar cravings by improving your guts' health. This version of "slaw" adds to the inflammation-fighting, gut-healing impact by removing the dairy and adding in the seeds, also making it a powerful tool in curbing your sugar cravings. By adding the pumpkin and sunflower seeds, you are adding that extra magnesium and fiber boost to your diet helping keep your blood sugar normal and your energy levels higher.
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium-size carrot, shredded
- 2-3 radishes, shredded
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cayenne
- a few cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 of an apple, diced
- 1/4 lemon wedge, squeezed
- if you have a Cuisinart, add and shred cabbage, carrots, and radish or use a knife
- Roast pumpkin and sunflower seeds in olive oil for 7 minutes and season with salt & cayenne
- Create a marinade: apple cider vinegar, lemon, olive oil, mint, cilantro, & any sweetener you choose. We choose maple syrup.
- Pour over vegetables and seeds
Enjoy cold. You can store in fridge up to 5-days.
Appropriate for: 12PM, 7PM, Detox, Dinner, lunch
Did you know:
Many studies have found that anthocyanins can prevent or reverse obesity and type 2 diabetes by reducing inflammation, lowering blood sugar, and improving insulin resistance (the driving factor that leads to type 2 diabetes).