Mung bean chili is one of my favorites! This recipe is based on the ancient ingredient of mung beans which are filled with protein and fiber without the bloat you get from beans. I specifically added some essential gut-health, alkalizing ingredients like apple cider vinegar to combat inflammation in the gut.
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion, small diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled, small diced
- 3/4 cups celery, small diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup cooked mung beans (1 cups dry yields 2 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup carrot Shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spinach, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup stemmed and thinly sliced kale
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MUNG BEAN CHILLI
- In a large saucepan, combine cooked mung bean, broth, salt, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add turmeric cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar,
- Cook 10-15 minutes until all flavors are well incorporated.
- Add Spinach and kale, Carrot and cilantro in the mixture
- Season with salt.
- Garnish mung bean chili with the remaining minced cilantro & shredded carrots
12PM, 7PM, Detox, Dinner, Energy, gut-health, Happiness, lunch, Vegan