I love potato croquettes. And like all of Joule(body) recipes, I was inspired to make a healthier, vegan version. You don't have to fry them to make them taste good or fill them with meat. And that's when I came up with this recipe. Our clients loved this little croquette. If you want to make it a little crunchier, simply sprinkle high-heat oil on top (we use Avocado Oil).
Make food that keeps you vibing high, healing deep and that is powered by plants for your gut-health.
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked, divided*
- 1/2 onion, diced ( ½ cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup broth (veggie or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and small diced ( ½ cup)
- 1 cup tightly packed kale, thinly sliced
FOR APPLE CHUTNEY
- 2 apples diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/4" ginger root chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of cayenne
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas leaving a handful aside, onion, curry powder, turmeric, ground flaxseed, flour, cumin, salt lemon juice, vegetable broth, and oil.
- Using a hand mixer, blend all ingredients until a thick paste is formed. Scrape downsides of the bowl using a rubber spatula to ensure a thorough mix.
- add cilantro, carrot, kale and remaining chickpeas.
- Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Measure 2 oz scoop, form into a log and repeat until the required number of croquettes is made.
- Place croquettes on a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Bake 30 minutes, rotating tray 20 minutes through cooking time.
- Chill thoroughly before packaging.
- Serve atop kale salad bedding (2 cups chopped kale, ½ lemon- juiced, pinch salt).
- Combine the apples, onion, ginger, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, cayenne and salt and in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally
Good For: 12PM, 7PM, Gut-health