Greek Goddess Aphrodite is the love goddess. She is who we turn to when we want to connect, hold and be intimate and so this recipe is inspired by her. Quinoa is high in plant-powered protein, helping the production of testosterone, bringing your hormones into balance for mood-enhancing, lovemaking.
- In a saucepan over high heat, combine, quinoa, water, turmeric, and salt.
- Bring the mixture up to boil then reduce heat to low, cover pot and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until all grains are cooked through.
- Uncover and set aside to chill slightly.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine, parsley, mint, scallions, lemon juice, cucumber, and salt.
- Mix in cooled quinoa and stir until well combined.
- Season with extra lemon juice and salt as needed.
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Detox, Dinner, Flatter Belly, Happiness, healthy, lunch, Relaxation, Vegan, Weight-loss
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup fresh parsley, tightly packed, minced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, tightly packed, minced
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced on the bias (green and white parts)
- 1 head lettuce or kale, washed and sliced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and small diced