- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 10 asparagus stalks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1/8 tsp. saffron, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 peppers sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu when ripples appear in oil, and season with salt.
- Sauté 10 minutes, or until tofu is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms release liquid and begin to brown. stir in carrots, corn, tomatoes, and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Stir in rice, 2 ¼ cups water, and saffron.
- Bring paella to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with wok lid, and simmer 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add peas to steam 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat, and stir in lemon juice and green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper
12PM, 7PM, Creativity, Energy, Focus, Paleo, Vegetarian, Dinner
Add shrimp or salmon for more protein & omegas